Monday, March 09, 2009

Raison d'ĂȘtre

Pundit and Author Jonathan Krohn defines conservatism.

I think we started blogging around his age. I've been thinking lately, and I've been wondering why I write what I write here. More often than not, it's to rage against something in our government that I am convinced I can do better. That we can do better. (This is of course, barring the times when I can't help but throw out my healthy serving of snark out at the resident hookers of the world.)

Honestly, I've never really believed, truly believed that what I write here is meant to change or influence others' opinions. But, I think that when I first started writing and reading, our opinions influenced one another, and if nothing else, I think that's terribly important. I think we should do that more. It is not a measure of brilliance to listen solely to Krugman rage against the machine, but I think that a series of conflicting, refining, consolidating viewpoints is what makes us better and unique. I think that next time we decide to write about something seriously, we should try to conflict. Opposing viewpoints. There's not enough places where you can find two honest people debating their best points against one another. Are you guys interested in the idea?

Out of Curiosity: why do you guys write?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Speaking of hookers: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/08/2009-03-08_eliot_spitzer_choked_her_during_sex_clai.html

4:59 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home